Do you love Pilates and want to teach?
- Gain an internationally recognised qualification from world renowned MK Pilates International.
- Study at York Pilates Space, with Master Trainer and assessor Patricia Issitt, 34 years experience in the Fitness industry, 24 years as a Pilates Instructor and an industry trainer and assessor since 1998.
- Be taught effectively with a limited number of no more than 4 students on each course.
- At York Pilates Space we specialise in custom fitting our courses, if you need to miss study days, we will work to find an alternative that works for you.
- York Pilates Space offers the opportunity for extra tutorials, and teaching practice, with lots of friendly advice, you will develop your new skills in a professional studio, teaching real clients, with a supportive atmosphere.
What is the Michael King method of teaching Pilates?
Besides learning the original goals and traditional exercises of Joseph Pilates’ work, the Michael King method draws on up to date anatomical and physiological research and applies it to the Pilates technique. MK have been delivering Pilates teacher training since 1995. Our courses were among the very first Pilates teacher training in the UK and became the basis for the OCR UK Pilates Mat Teacher qualification. MK has now taken the Pilates Teacher Diploma to new levels. The name of Michael King is recognised around the world and we provide an internationally recognised qualification which greatly exceeds the current basic UK level 3 standards. We specialise in enabling the participants in our classes to achieve great results from Pilates.
MK Matwork Teacher Certificate
You will have 100 hours of face to face tutor time when you study for the Matwork Certificate, typically we work together at weekends over a period of 6 months. Home study hours will be 125 hours minimum, including personal practice. You are able to complete the home assignments at your own pace, in your own time. Patricia is on hand to help if you need it. We expect that you will take a further 3 months to fully complete the assignments and be confident to teach your exam class, but that can vary according to your commitments. Some students take longer, it depends on you and your own learning style. Group teaching practice is arranged ad hoc, whenever you or the tutor feel the time is right. Once we have completed the course, you will have one year to complete and submit your course materials and videos for assessment.
On the course you will study the traditional classical exercises and learn how to adapt and modify to ‘best fit’ the needs of the individual client or group class participants. MK classes have a typical ‘flow’ which our clients love , making the class feel like a smooth transition from one exercise to the next.
The course price is £2550, inclusive of all teaching materials and manuals. Payable in 3 instalments by arrangement.
Contact email@example.com to find out more.
MK Equipment Teacher Diploma
Reformer Stage 1
Reformer Stage 2
Cadillac Stage 1
Cadillac Stage 2
All our courses are assessed and certificated by MK Pilates International to internationally acknowledged standards of Pilates education. Mk Pilates is a member of The Society for the Pilates Method. https://thesocietyforthepilatesmethod.com/
Reformer Teacher certificate Stage 1 and 2: £1700 to be paid in full before beginning of course. ( 8 tutor days ).
Cadillac Teacher Certificate: £850 ( 4 tutor days)
Day workshops for chair, ladder barrel and spine corrector: £225 per 8 hour day including manual and certificate.
Contact Patricia Issitt for booking and payments or to find out about customising your training, in our studio or in yours.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to book your place.